Monday, December 5, 2011

Welcome to the Bradenton Herald photographers' blog

As divergent in interests as we are, 'the photodesk' makes a pretty good team.

A darn good team.

Chief photographer Grant Jefferies is as down-to-earth as you can be; I have never seen a photographer approach difficult subjects with as much empathy and concern -- and it shows in his work and everywhere else.

Photographer and video guru Paul Videla is a creative soul. His soft spot is for the wiggly, fluffy, barking, meowing creatures of the world. He likes people, too. His take on subjects always makes me see something in a different light.

Me, I like lots of things; but I love news. And old veterans. And stuff you can climb.

Together we're going to share with you some likes, loves and probably some 'not likes' as well. We're going to share ideas on photography; ours and others, that makes us think, see, feel or learn something.

Sometimes we'll share something just because...

Like this. One day I was going through a box of old black and white prints shot by Grant Jefferies. I pulled one out and underneath the image was scrawled in ink "Dance instructor ______ shows steps to hopeful crew of young dancers auditioning for the Nutcracker at Ellen Meade Studios Saturday.

It was a picture of me, and it's one that I cherish.



When I see a photo one of us shot held on a refrigerator with magnets or hanging on a wall I feel proud that we saved a memorable moment.

Those are the fuzzy moments in our job; there are sad ones as well. But we will be there if we can, and we will do it with as much respect and professionalism as we can muster.

-- Tiffany Tompkins-Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment