Friday, January 13, 2012

Questions, Questions, Questions

First picture of 2011
Rachel and Aaron Sheehan, celebrating the birth their daughter Leah Marie

Last picture of 2011
Bracelets, representing Brett Wagner and Josh Rogers, two students killed in a car accident Christmas night.

Often when I am out trying to photograph a subject for the paper, I am asked questions:

Will you take my picture? If you had to ask, probably not.

What television station will this be on? This is a still camera, not a video camera.

Did you get my good side? Always.

What kind of camera do you have? Nikon D300S and a D2HS.

How much do those cost anyway? More than I can afford.

Will this be in the paper tomorrow? I really do not know, no really! I do not know.

And…

How many pictures did you take?

Well to answer that question I had to do a little figuring. In 2011 from Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, my finger pressed the shutter button down to shoot approximately 92,012 images. Of those I chose 4,286 pictures that were captioned and inputted into our system for editors and page designers to select for the paper, as well as online use. 

One interesting item that I noted gathering this information was my first and last frame of the year. The first frame I took in 2011 was of two parents, Rachel and Aaron Sheehan, celebrating the birth their daughter Leah Marie. The very last frame I took on Dec. 31 were of orange and green bracelets, representing Brett Wagner and Josh Rogers, two Lakewood Ranch High students who were killed in a car accident Christmas night.

92,012 images fly by fast, so let’s make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment