Friday, February 10, 2012

Surprise!

Sometimes you never know what you got waiting in the camera. Surprises can be both good and not so good. As an example, you return to the office after shooting several assignments and you find that your flashcard has bit-the-dust and is totally blank, crashed, a big heart stopping nothing. A good case to shoot an assignment with two cameras!

And then there is the “wow, where did that come from” surprise. I was editing the photos of a flock of white pelicans spending the day in an East Manatee lake and came across an image that I never saw through the lens, a silhouette of a fish making its final journey down the pouch of one happy pelican.

I have taken many pelican photos through the years, but this was a new one for me. In some ways I felt sorry for the fish, capturing its final moments of flopping around, but on the other hand, pass the tarter sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment