Thursday, March 1, 2012

Play Ball!




Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Jeff Locke rolls a baseball over the back of his hand during a recent workout at Pirate City.



Yes, baseball season, the Great American Sport. For me it’s one of the most difficult sporting events to photograph. Not knowing when, or if, the batter is actually going to hit the ball, much less where.


The tendency to have long periods of boredom, followed by brief moments of action, leaves my brain fighting to return from drifting around in another universe. Keeping my attention on the game can be a life-saving activity, for I know there are laser guided foul baseballs that have me as their target.


But that is one of the great challenges of the game -- keeping the eye on the ball is good for the batter and photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment